Friday 8 June 2012

A Royal Affair

Good morning!

I thought I'd post a layout that's been sitting around for a while. I keep meaning to "finish" it by adding a few handmade flowers but I never seem to get around to doing it so I thought I'd share it just as it is.

For this layout I used the following sketch from Scrapbook and Cards and flipped it horizontally:


I bought the White Out Collection by We R Memory Keepers a few years back with the intention of making a few cards out of it. Well it's been sitting collecting dust since I bought it so I decided to finally put it to use with this layout about our date for the Royal Wedding.  I loved the idea of taking something formal like the Royal Wedding and making it into something childish and fun! This is what I came up with:


SOURCES:  Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers – White Out Collection.  Font: Wanda’s Write, Teacher’s Pet, Pea Stacy’s Doodles. Embellishments: Miscellaneous Rhinestones, Green Mist, Green Ink.

Originally, I was planning on using Alphabets cereal for the title, but I didn't love how it looked, and a friend of mine mentioned that it might not keep well over time so I designed a title in photoshop instead. 


I embellished the layout with a few crowns that I had added a little bling to.


Lastly, I used some green paint mist to add a little something extra to the page. This was my first attempt using paint mist and I was VERY nervous that I was going to ruin the page (in the future, I will always spray the background page before I paste everything down!). I love how it turned out though! Another new technique under my belt!


Have a great day!


Pin It!

1 comment: