Thursday 22 March 2012

A few more old layouts

Hello again!

Here are two more layouts I have done in the past year or so.

Sometimes while you sleep, I watch you dream
This layout started out as a page for Arabella's nursery. I found the paper on sale (and cannot remember who makes it) and it matched her nursery decor perfectly! I created the entire page and then had to think of what I was going to call it. Before Arabella was born, a friend of mine gave me a book called "Sometimes." It took me several months before I had the courage to read it because it's just one of those books like "I'll love you Forever" that make you cry everytime. Well this book did not disappoint and had me in tears. It's all about a mother's dreams for her new baby girl, and spans that little girl's entire lifetime...even after the mom has passed away. The title of this page was one of the lines from the book that really struck a chord with me and tugged at my heart strings. However, after I finished placing the last thicker, I decided that the page was better suited for several memorable pictures of Arabella sleeping.


SOURCES: Patterned Paper:  American Crafts – Heatwave > Tangerine Tidal Wave, Bo Bunny – Kiwi Double Dot, Miscellaneous. Tags: Debbie Travis >Paint Chips, Studio G>Baby Stamp. Border Punch: Martha Stewart Edge Punch>Scallop Dot.  Letters: American Crafts – Thickers > Nutmeg, Miscellaneous
 
I ran out of green Thickers for the word dream but it turned out for the best! Instead I used some white foam Thickers and embellished the edges with a little Stickles.  Then I added a little vellum flower and button at the end of it for an extra bit of whimsy! I love how ethereal it turned out!


The baby tags are actually made out of paint chips! My sister-in-law, Claire, first introduced me to crafting with paint chips a few years ago when we got together one October to make adorable paint chip pumpkins. Since then I've used paint chips in a few of my scrapping projects! These tags I had originally made to adorn a bunch of baskets I had bought to organize her closet. I had a few tags left over so I repurposed them for my scrapbook page and added a "Baby" stamp to each one.



Now for the actual nursery layout:

 A Work of Heart
This layout is one of the few that started with a title and progressed from there. Once again, I incorporated a few odds and ends that I had used in the process of decorating the nursery. I really wanted to capture the makeover in this layout and had a hard time choosing photos for the before and after. If I were to do it all over, I would have left room for more pictures (as some of you may remember, I'm horrible at printing the photos on time for scrapping days so usually I make a layout with a few photo ideas in mind and add the pictures later) and I would have invested in a brown pen for the journalling instead of trying to use the gel pens I had to (not very successfully) create a brownish colour.  Thanks again to Kelly for helping me with the ribbon flower!


SOURCES: Cardstock: Bazzil Basics Paper. Patterned Paper: Daisy Bucket Designs-In The Meadow > Chloe, Celeste & McKenna. Stamp: Autumn Leaves – Freestyle Alphabet. Letters: American Crafts –Thickers > Giggles

I had found a lamp I loved at HomeSense that matched my nursery bedding perfectly, but it was a little too short so I bought a few hat boxes for it to perch on to add some height. The only problem was, the hat boxes were very beige and not much else in the nursery was (asides from the carpet). This problem was solved when I found a spool of ribbon from Walmart that matched my nursery colours perfectly and knotted it around the handles of the hat boxes to incorporate them into the colour scheme of the room. The left over ribbon was of course added to my scrapping supplies and came in very handy for the ribbon button on this page. After several accordion folds and scrunching the ends all together, I hand sewed it until I was satisfied with how the petals spread out. I finished it off with a button!
I wanted to make the word "heart" stand out but couldn't find a Thickers that I liked for it, so I went in search of my stamp collection. Using an alphabet stamp from Autumn Leaves, I hand stamped the word onto white cardstock and then coloured the letters in using a green Copics marker. Next I slowly (painstakingly) cut out each letter. It still needed something extra so all of the letters got Stickled!
That's all for now!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment