Monday 1 October 2012

Rustic Wedding Layout

I'm back and so soon! Here is the layout I made as a gift for my friend's wedding. She and her hubby live in Banff and LOVE the outdoors. Her wedding was an outdoor affair that took place in Golden B.C. on the riverbank of the Kicking Horse River (FYI the location was STUNNING! Most beautiful wedding I've ever been to AND they didn't even need a decorator ;)

For the background, I went to my local scrapbook store and knew that I wanted something with a woodgrain. I found this paper that was perfect by Echo Park and featured wood planks.  On top of the paper I added a square of burlap accented with a few lace doilies for a bit of romantic whimsy.



In the corner of the burlap, I added their names on a small banner of Kraft paper and then overlapped it with wooden letters of their first initials that I had inked the edges of with brown ink. The title I cut out with the help of my sister-in-law (thanks!) on her Silhouette. I loved the look of the negative so I incorporated this as well for both the title and the date. Originally, the bride Christy had wanted to walk down the aisle to the song "I think I wanna marry you" however this later changed to "Somewhere over the rainbow" (which didn't help me hold back the tears). But I thought it was very fitting of Christy and her hubby Pierre and a fun title.


I used earthy shades of browns accented with whites to create handmade flowers and a few die cut butterflies embellished with a little bit of bling (every wedding has to have a little bling!). The journalling at the bottom is a poem featured on Sex and the City (a favourite amongst my girlfriends) that the main character Carrie Bradshaw had written for a wedding.

I used two different tutorials that I found on pinterest to create a burlap flower with button detail (above) and a burlap rosette (below). The burlap flowers added so much more dimension to the page and accent the paper flowers beautifully!

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to post some pictures from our trip to Banff when I get a chance. First I have to sift through them all and narrow it down (between my hubby and I we took well over 1000 photos....yikes!). I am thinking that due to the shear volume of pictures, scrapbooking them will be out of the question...I will have to investigate a few photo book options.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! I can see why Christy loved it :)

    ReplyDelete