Monday 27 February 2012

A few layouts from my pregnancy

I finally got around to taking pictures of some of the layouts I did for my pregnancy album. The album is still a work in progress and will probably not be done for some time since it keeps getting pushed aside while I work on other layouts or cards. But I'm chipping away at it slowly and I am also trying to make it easier on myself by summarizing the 9 months into the moments that were most memorable or most important to me. I'm planning on doing only one page for every trimester and hope to journal in point form a few of the noteworthy points that I remember from those few months. For example, one point for my first trimester wil be "pasta with parmesan cheese" because I had horrible all day sickness and found that plain pasta with butter and parmesan cheese became my meal of choice as it was the one thing that didn't turn my stomach. But enough about what I'm planning on doing. Here's a look at what I've already done.

"I'm Pregnant"
This page is pretty much summed up by the title. I originally was going to include the picture of the positive pregnancy test on my first trimester page but it was getting too busy so I made a separate page for it. When I first started my pregnancy album, I picked up a whole stack of paper from Michaels that was on clearance including some adorable pregnancy themed pages by Creative Imaginations that had matching stickers for each trimester.  The page was pretty empty since I was only scrapping a picture of the pregnancy test so I used the stickers to make a banner and then filled the rest of the space with a few more as embellishments.

SOURCES: Patterned Paper: Three Bugs in a Rug – Little Chick > Beeutiful, Creative Imaginations – Keepin’ It Real. Stamp: Autumn Leaves – Freestyle Alphabet, Hero Arts – Alphabet. Font: Pea Hannah Vanilla
"Did You Feel That?"
This page was based on a layout that my friend Darcy did in which she had used all different buttons to form a border along a large circle.  I thought it would be really neat to use for this layout because my baby bump could be represented by the large round circle. I started with the colour scheme of green and yellow and then by fluke introduced orange to it and really loved it! All of my scrapbooking friends know that I am horrible at remembering to bring pictures to scrapbook and I usually start with a blank canvas and craft a page with a photo in mind for it. So for this page, after I incorporated the orange, I decided it would be fun to add some orange in the photo I was using as well so I uploaded it to picnik and came up with this starburst type of look. I finished the page off with a little bling on the dots in my title. I think it's a lot of fun and really love how it turned out!

SOURCES: Patterned Paper: Three Bugs in a Rug – Dream > Savannah, Bo Bunny – Kiwi Double Dot. Font: Pea Hannah Vanilla, Digs My Hart



"Love At First Sight"
This page was all about the first ultrasound. I had a difficult time with this layout because the ultrasound pictures we received were in a collage and overlapped each other, so I couldn't cut them out without cutting into the next photo and I didn't have a chance to duplicate them. I had originally planned on using a cut out circle for this page as well to represent my baby bump and then place the ultrasound picture on it but I couldn't find a layout I liked using my cut out circle. After literally an hour of moving the circle and title around and around, I had a lightbulb moment and decided to use the negative of the circle for my layout and blow up one of the ultrasound pictures to fill the circle. After I decided on this, everything else came together fairly easy.  My favourite part of the layout (asides from my beautiful baby girl) is the adorable little ultrasound sticker by Me & My Big Ideas.
SOURCES: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper. Patterned Paper: Miscellaneous. Font:  Siple, Peah Hannah Vanilla. Stickers: Me & My Big Ideas


That's it for now! Have a great night!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing layouts Heather - Beautiful Work! :)

    ReplyDelete