Tuesday 17 April 2012

Superman!

This past weekend it was my cousin's 40th birthday party, and the big theme of the party was superheros. I knew that he loved Superman, so I decided I would make him up an 8x8 page that he could later put a photo in to remember the big surprise event. This was a little out of me league, but I tried to have fun with it and with the help of my husband and a little luck, this is what I came up with.

The only thing I used for it was cardstock and photoshop. The Superman logo and title I found on the internet, cropped and printed them off, then cut them out with scissors. My husband came up with the subtitle "Faster than a speeding bullet" and I thought it was cute to add the "40 years" to it. This was all done using the Tahoma font.  As for the background, my hubby insisted I had to have a red telephone booth somewhere on the page but there wasn't a whole lot of space to work with. After trying a few things, I decided I would just cut out the pattern of the glass door from the telephone booth onto red cardstock and lay a photo overtop. Once I put the page together however, I noticed that the photo would completely cover the phone booth detail...but as luck would have it a 4x6 photo would fit PERFECTLY if I slid it between the phonebooth and my black backdrop. Not only was the fit perfect, but you could also use a photo with either a landscape or a portrait orientation as they both fit in "snug as a bug in a rug!"

Thanks for checking in!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment